All Contributors
Tybereous
Aramirtheranger
Gen. Grievous1138
Morgoth the first dark lord
ChazmanianDevil
• 2/6/2016

Muahahahahaha...

Get wrecked Star Wars fans

0 16
  • Upvote
  • Reply
Tybereous
Aramirtheranger
Gen. Grievous1138
Morgoth the first dark lord
ChazmanianDevil
0
• 2/10/2016
*Grievous's head is immune to sniper shots*

Gen. Grievous1138 (admin) comlink 10:53, February 10, 2016 (UTC)

0
• 2/10/2016

You know, the Spartans weren't the only that fought to death...Thespeus (i don't know how to pronnounce that) also helped

0
• 2/11/2016
*Ummmm...MAC cannons? xD*
0
• 3/21/2016

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Lightsaber has:

Reach advantage(which alone should resolve it: without any shields being used guy with more reach will hit first, that has been proven time and again throughout history).

the gap in the energy sword blade is A) a terrible spot to put it if that's the purpose and B) too wide to stop anything, even at it's narrowest point.

The fact that the blade extends OVER THE WRIST in a weapon of that orientation would mean that when it was struck forcefully the blades could DIG IN to the wielder's arm.

Compares that thing they do in the Olympics with metal wires attached to sword hilts to actual swordfighting.

Lightsaber vs. Energy Sword is like putting a random idiot with Medieval longsword against a random idiot with Roman gladius and no shield- the weapon with more reach always wins in that scenario.

0
• 3/21/2016
Aramirtheranger wrote:
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Lightsaber has:

Reach advantage(which alone should resolve it: without any shields being used guy with more reach will hit first, that has been proven time and again throughout history).

the gap in the energy sword blade is A) a terrible spot to put it if that's the purpose and B) too wide to stop anything, even at it's narrowest point.

The fact that the blade extends OVER THE WRIST in a weapon of that orientation would mean that when it was struck forcefully the blades could DIG IN to the wielder's arm.

Compares that thing they do in the Olympics with metal wires attached to sword hilts to actual swordfighting.

Lightsaber vs. Energy Sword is like putting a random idiot with Medieval longsword against a random idiot with Roman gladius and no shield- the weapon with more reach always wins in that scenario.

He's a frigging genius, thank you very much.

Reach advantage is nothing if the Energy Sword is used correctly. The blade would get caught in between the two blades of the Energy Sword. 

Not true. The Lightsaber is by no means small enough to pass through that gap. You also have to take into account it's makers, the Sangheili. They have different anatomy than Humans, so it's entirely possible that the placement of the gap works perfectly for them and the way they fight.

The Energy Sword was not made for 'Blocking' in the traditional sense. Ideally you wouldn't even have a chance to hit the sword hard enough to do that.

0
• 3/21/2016

Morgoth the first dark lord wrote: You know, the Spartans weren't the only that fought to death...Thespeus (i don't know how to pronnounce that) also helped

Yeah, but the Spartans were far more kickass about it.

Gen. Grievous1138 (admin) comlink 09:46, March 21, 2016 (UTC)

0
• 3/21/2016
Tybereous wrote:
Aramirtheranger wrote:
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Lightsaber has:

Reach advantage(which alone should resolve it: without any shields being used guy with more reach will hit first, that has been proven time and again throughout history).

the gap in the energy sword blade is A) a terrible spot to put it if that's the purpose and B) too wide to stop anything, even at it's narrowest point.

The fact that the blade extends OVER THE WRIST in a weapon of that orientation would mean that when it was struck forcefully the blades could DIG IN to the wielder's arm.

Compares that thing they do in the Olympics with metal wires attached to sword hilts to actual swordfighting.

Lightsaber vs. Energy Sword is like putting a random idiot with Medieval longsword against a random idiot with Roman gladius and no shield- the weapon with more reach always wins in that scenario.

He's a frigging genius, thank you very much.

Reach advantage is nothing if the Energy Sword is used correctly. The blade would get caught in between the two blades of the Energy Sword. 

Not true. The Lightsaber is by no means small enough to pass through that gap. You also have to take into account it's makers, the Sangheili. They have different anatomy than Humans, so it's entirely possible that the placement of the gap works perfectly for them and the way they fight.

The Energy Sword was not made for 'Blocking' in the traditional sense. Ideally you wouldn't even have a chance to hit the sword hard enough to do that.

He's a diet Coke addicted nerd. I respect his video game theories but his movie theories often have gaping holes.

IT IS NOT SMALL ENOUGH TO STOP ANOTHER ENERGY SWORD, thus that is not the purpose.

If I had respect for the design, and thought Elites were halfway decent swordsmen, I'd argue that what really mattered would be the skill of the two users, but he insists in "not getting into that". In which case Jedi/Sith wins handily.

0
• 3/21/2016

Diet coke addicted nerds are geniuses, didn't you know that? :P

A skilled swordsman with fast reflexes could.

Sangheili are not good swordsman in game, granted. But as with the charge and other attributes of the Sword, that are merely for gameplay. Elites are actually quite skilled, and have more moves than the generic 'slice'. I think that the skill of the users with their respective weapons, not counting shields, armor, or force powers, should be the same. So a Lightsaber swordmaster vs. a Energy Sword swordmaster. And force powers aren't 'skill'. Force powers are outside the scope of an honorable duel.

0
• 3/21/2016
Tybereous wrote:
Diet coke addicted nerds are geniuses, didn't you know that? :P

A skilled swordsman with fast reflexes could.

Sangheili are not good swordsman in game, granted. But as with the charge and other attributes of the Sword, that are merely for gameplay. Elites are actually quite skilled, and have more moves than the generic 'slice'. I think that the skill of the users with their respective weapons, not counting shields, armor, or force powers, should be the same. So a Lightsaber swordmaster vs. a Energy Sword swordmaster. And force powers aren't 'skill'. Force powers are outside the scope of an honorable duel.

Look at your profile pic. "Presenting the most overrated species in all of sci-fi!"

Honor is a myth, any who binds himself to such concepts in war is a fool who will never, ever, win against someone who cares not for such things.

By your "charge isn't canon because Elite NPCs don't run out" logic a battle rifle doesn't really consume ammo, since that's just gameplay.

  • holds up sarcasm sign
0
• 3/21/2016
Aramirtheranger wrote:
Tybereous wrote:
Diet coke addicted nerds are geniuses, didn't you know that? :P

A skilled swordsman with fast reflexes could.

Sangheili are not good swordsman in game, granted. But as with the charge and other attributes of the Sword, that are merely for gameplay. Elites are actually quite skilled, and have more moves than the generic 'slice'. I think that the skill of the users with their respective weapons, not counting shields, armor, or force powers, should be the same. So a Lightsaber swordmaster vs. a Energy Sword swordmaster. And force powers aren't 'skill'. Force powers are outside the scope of an honorable duel.

Look at your profile pic. "Presenting the most overrated species in all of sci-fi!"

Honor is a myth, any who binds himself to such concepts in war is a fool who will never, ever, win against someone who cares not for such things.

By your "charge isn't canon because Elite NPCs don't run out" logic a battle rifle doesn't really consume ammo, since that's just gameplay.

  • holds up sarcasm sign

That's not what I said, thank you very much. I was wrong about the battery power though, I thought I read that somewhere.

By the way If you look at this article, you'll see under "Disadvantages" that the "strength and lethality of the sword are compensated for the sake of gameplay".

Yes, Sangheili is my favourite race.

I could say something similar about the Sith. "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Write a reply...